Legendary rock ‘n’ roll photographer Gered Mankowitz joins Sounds and Vision to talk and reminisce with Andrew on a variety of subjects. The two chat about how Brian Jones was a troubled soul, the story behind the famous Rolling Stones’ Primrose Hill photo session, Marianne Faithfull’s early days, and how Jimi Hendrix’s landmark London performance at Bag O’Nails went over Gered and Andrew’s heads. But that’s only part of the conversation and part of the story — listen in and enjoy.
Andrew Loog Oldham is the original manager/producer of the Rolling Stones, founder of Immediate Records, writer of STONED, 2STONED, and ROLLING STONED, and the longtime lead DJ on the Underground Garage channel on SiriusXM. Sounds and Vision is the next chapter.
Listen and subscribe to Sounds and Vision on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Simplecast, Player.FM, Audible, Listen Notes, Podcast Addict, or your podcast app of choice. You can also share Sounds and Vision with a friend or write a review for this podcast and Andrew will give you a shout-out in a future episode. And be sure to tweet at Andrew and let him know what you think of this episode.
- Gered Mankowitz
- Gered Mankowitz on Twitter
- Wolf Mankowitz
- Striptease, Soho and Cliff Richard in Expresso Bongo
- Universal head Lucian Grainge to earn more than all UK songwriters combined
- Sounds and Vision S2E4: Jonathan Becker
- Robert Kincaid and The Bridges of Madison County
- Keith Grant: The Story Of Olympic Studios
- Robert Frank Captured America Like No Other Artist
- Cocksucker Blues: Robert Frank’s Suppressed Rolling Stones Documentary
- The Rolling Stones – “You Better Move On” (on the Arthur Haynes Show, 1964)
- Chas Chandler: The man who discovered Jimi Hendrix
- Jimi Hendrix’s first London performance at the Bag O’Nails
- Rock Stars Wearing Granny Takes a Trip